Finance & Valuation – US – Seminar
Note that the practice problem set is included as part of the seminar package and does not need to be purchased separately.
The MATE Seminars Group and Health Finance and Valuation - US seminar will be held from Sep. 7 - Sept. 10 on a virtual platform. The seminar includes a review of all syllabus readings. The focus is on exam-type questions, with the primary emphasis being on math questions. Seminar practice problems:
- A large set includes both original problems and exam problems from past FSA exams
- Digital copies of tables used in these problems are provided to practice answering questions, like you will do on the exam
- Also provided are summary lists of past exam questions, indicating the source of the SOA’s illustrative solution
- Solutions to difficult math problems will be presented in a spreadsheet format
Seminar exam strategies include:
- An explanation of how the exams are graded to provide insight on how candidates can better answer their exam questions
- Suggestions on successfully preparing for the exam and answering the different types of exam questions
- Specific strategies on how to best provide answers for the new CBT exam format
Pre/Post seminar support:
- The instructor offers his support for the entire exam season by being available to discuss your questions
- A video recording of the seminar will be available after it is complete
- A spreadsheet will be provided with links to watch each chapter and practice problem discussed at the seminar
The seminar schedule is as follows: (Mountain Time) Tue, Sep 7: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Wed, Sep 8: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Thu, Sep 9: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Fri, Sep, 10: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Please visit our seminar page for details regarding available discounts, the instructor, and what the seminar offers.