MATE Seminars Valuation & Regulation – US Seminar
The MATE Seminars Group and Health Valuation and Regulation seminar will be held from Mar. 13 – Mar. 16 on a virtual platform. The seminar includes a review of all syllabus readings. The focus is on exam-type questions, with the primary emphasis being on math questions.
The seminar schedule is as follows: (Mountain Time Zone)
Mon, Mar 13: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Tue, Mar 14: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Wed, Mar 15: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Thu, Mar 16: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
You may also register by mailing us a check and a registration form.
A 40% discount is available if your employer does not pay for seminars or reimburse you if you pass the exam. Please contact us prior to ordering for the coupon code to receive this discount.
FSA, MAAA, MS
Dustin has a diverse array of work experience including benefits consulting, health insurance actuarial roles, experimental design statistician, and a university instructor. Dustin enjoys discussing how math and models combine to explain occurrences in our everyday world. He has earned a master’s degree in Statistics with an emphasis in Actuarial Science. He is in his sixth year of teaching with MATE Seminars, and teaches all of our Group and Health seminars. When not at work, Dustin loves being active outside, practicing yoga, and riding motorcycles.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
- Seminar manual with all of the syllabus content, arranged for a natural progression of topics
- Math problems are answered in a clear and easy-to-follow spreadsheet format
- Challenging math topics are explained in simplified illustrative spreadsheet examples
- Detailed summaries of past exams – useful for understanding what types of questions make up the distribution of exam points
- Practice questions where written explanations require general knowledge and industry experience
- A case study review with a discussion of the more complicated exhibits, and a cross reference to applicable math questions
- 2nd attempt: Extended access for the next exam season is available – see our seminar extension policy for details
Seminar practice problems include:
- A large set of math problems, both original and from past FSA exams
- Digital copies of the tables used in these problems for practicing answering questions like you will do on the exam
- List of past exam math questions indicating the source of the SOA’s illustrative solution
- Solutions to difficult math problems in a spreadsheet format
Seminar exam strategies include:
- An explanation of how the exams are graded to provide insight on how candidates can better answer their exam questions
- Suggestions on successfully preparing for the exam and answering the different types of exam questions
- How to best provide answers for the new CBT exam format
- Specific examples from past SOA questions that exploit common pitfalls, and how to deal with them
- The instructor offers his support for the whole exam season by being available to discuss your questions
- Access to the prior season’s seminar videos and the entire digital suite of MATE’s seminar materials
- Video recordings of the entire seminar will be available, with up to 2x playback speed
- A table of contents with links to watch each chapter and practice problem discussed at the seminar
- A discussion forum (Discord), to ask the instructor current questions and access previously-answered questions